If you are looking for a sweet protein treat that is easy to make, this Vanilla Chip Protein Snack Cake is it! It's a simple cake with great flavor and texture. Delicious!
This recipe uses Proteinfull Baking cake mix because it has such great taste and texture. It's keto-friendly and gluten free, too! I used the applesauce sub for oil to keep the calories down, and it is just as moist and delicious as with using oil.
I used Lily's chips here, my go-to for better-for-you baking.
This cake is super simple, and can really take on any inclusions you like. Proteinfull Baking has a blueberry muffin recipe using the same mix. So yummy!
Check out the Proteinfull mixes, and give this recipe a try!
- 1 package Proteinfull Baking classic yellow cake mix
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup lily's chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line the bottom of a 8x8" square pan and then spray the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, water, and applesauce until no lumps remain.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and top with remaining chips.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy! Store refrigerated or frozen.
I'm sorry I didn't see your comment sooner, Alexis, but you are very welcome! Thanks for sharing your substitutions with us, too! :)
I made these the other day with a few changes; banana instead of applesauce, whole wheat pastry flour + 1 tbsp psyllium instead of coconut flour, whey crunchies instead of chocolate chips. They were soooo good! Thanks for the great and simple recipe!