This Cinnamon Apple Protein Cake is one of the easiest cakes I've made. The ingredients get blended for less than two minutes total, and then the batter gets baked. That's it! And it tastes delicious!
For this recipe I used three large silicone muffin cups, but you could have certainly used a mini cake pan instead.
I find apples to be a great sweetener for protein cake. They keep the cake moist and offer just enough sweetness. And since the apples are blended in this recipe, you can certainly use unsweetened applesauce instead.
Give this sweet little protein cake a try!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Blend egg whites and apples for 30-40 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for another 30-40 seconds.
- Place 3 large silicone muffin cups on a baking sheet, and fill evenly with batter.
- Bake at 325F (163C) for about 30 minutes, until they are firm to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.