All the taste of delicious apple pie in a protein bar! These Apple Pie Protein Bars are super-easy to make and a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall.
If you'd like to use an unsweetened apple butter here instead of applesauce, just keep in mind that apple butter is more concentrated and will therefore have more carbs.
The icing is made from confectioners erythritol, a natural calorie-free version of powdered sugar.
Give these delicious Apple Pie Protein Bars a try!
- 2 tablespoons confectioners erythritol 30g
- 1 ½ teaspoons filtered water
- Mix applesauce and almond butter until smooth.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Add protein and coconut flour. Mix as much as you can with a fork or spoon, and then use your hands to fully combine the dough.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper and form into a rectangle.
- Wrap the parchment around the dough and refrigerate for a couple of hours until firm.
- Cut into 4 bars.
- Mix icing ingredients, and pipe or drizzle over bars.
- Enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.