Prot: 9g, Carbs: 5g, Fat: 6g, Cal: 112 (in 2 bars)
Because sometimes you want to grab your pumpkin pie and go, right? Pumpkin Protein Pie Bars! A scaled-down, bar version of my Pumpkin Protein Pie!
The pumpkin layer is very much like traditional pumpkin pie. I simply traded out the sweetened condensed milk for a whey protein shake. Easy!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 18 bars
- Serving size: two bars
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- ⅓ cup almond butter (80g)
- ⅓ cup filtered water (80ml)
- ½ cup vanilla rice (or pea) protein powder (56g)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.5g)
- ½ can pumpkin (213g)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (2g)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (1.5g)
- ¼ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (26g)
- ½ cup filtered water (4oz or 120ml)
- 1 large egg (whole)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix almond butter and water until combined.
- Add rice protein and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon and press into the bottom of a 7" square (or similarly sized) pan.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, just until cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix pumpkin with spices and salt. Set aside.
- Mix whey and water, and then pour into the pumpkin mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add egg, and mix well.
- Pour over the baked crust, and bake for 40-45 minutes more (just until firm in the center).
- Let cool completely. Run a knife around the edges and remove from pan before cutting.
- Cut into 9 squares, and then (if desired), cut each square in half.