Because sometimes you want to grab your pumpkin pie and go, right? Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars! A scaled-down, bar version of my Pumpkin Protein Pie!
The pumpkin layer is very much like traditional pumpkin pie. I simply traded out the sweetened condensed milk for a whey protein shake. Easy!
- ½ can pumpkin 213g
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 2g
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt 1.5g
- ¼ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder 26g
- ½ cup filtered water 4oz or 120ml
- 1 large egg whole
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix almond butter and water until combined.
- Add rice protein and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon and press into the bottom of a 7" square (or similarly sized) pan.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, just until cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix pumpkin with spices and salt. Set aside.
- Mix whey and water, and then pour into the pumpkin mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add egg, and mix well.
- Pour over the baked crust, and bake for 40-45 minutes more (just until firm in the center).
- Let cool completely. Run a knife around the edges and remove from pan before cutting.
- Cut into 9 squares, and then (if desired), cut each square in half.