Sometimes I forget how wonderful it is to bake with powered peanut butter. The texture of these Apple Peanut Protein Muffins is perfect, not to mention the amazing flavor! If you haven't yet baked with powdered peanut butter, you are missing out!
The recipe is very simple and easy to make. Egg whites, applesauce, and baking powder are all you need to add to make a basic cake batter, and I've added some cinnamon, chopped apples, and peanuts. So easy, and so good!
Enjoy these Apple Peanut Protein Muffins! And check out my Thai Peanut Protein Cake and PB&J Protein Cupcakes, as well!
For more high protein breakfast ideas, check out this post of protein powder breakfast recipes.
- 4 large egg whites 132g
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce 111g
- 1 cup powdered peanut butter 112g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 5ml
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1.2ml
- ¼ cup chopped apple 31g
- 2 tablespoons peanut halves 18g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix egg whites and applesauce until combined.
- Add protein powder, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Fold in chopped apple and peanuts.
- Spoon batter into 3 large silicone muffin cups.
- Bake for 24 minutes, or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply