Chewy and delicious like a brownie should be, these Healthy Mint Brownies are my new winter favorite!
Like my Chocolate Fudge Protein Brownies, these are made with whey protein and without any oats or grains. The apple sauce and nut butter give them the perfect brownie consistency. Delicious!
To make the peppermint swirl, drop the peppermint batter onto the chocolate batter, and swirl with the back of a knife. (This photo makes a double recipe.)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce 222g
- ⅓ cup almond butter 80g
- 1 cup natural chocolate whey protein 104g
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder 11g
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar 36g
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup unflavored or vanilla whey protein 23g
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce 28g
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a 7" square (or similarly sized) pan with parchment paper (if not using silicone).
- Mix applesauce (1 cup) and almond butter well.
- Add chocolate whey, cacao powder, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Pour batter into pan, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon peppermint batter onto brownie batter, and swirl with the back side of a knife.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes (just until firm).
- Let cool slightly.
- Cut into 9 brownies, and enjoy!
- Store extras in the refrigerator.