Protein peanut butter cookies with a chocolate center. These Protein Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect protein treat! Easy to make, and perfect for bringing to holiday gatherings!
The cookies are made with powdered peanut butter, and are full of flavor!
For the filling I used this chocolate whey protein. I love it for brownies, protein fudge, and any recipe in which you'd want a super-chocolatey flavor. Perfect here!
Wow your holiday guests with these delicious Protein Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies!
Servings: 12 cookies
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter 64g
- 2 large egg whites 66g, or 1 flax egg
- ½ cup powdered peanut butter 48g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 4g
- 4 mini-scoops stevia powder or to taste
- ¼ cup chocolate whey protein powder 26g
- 1 ½ tablespoons filtered water 23ml (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix peanut butter and egg whites until combined and smooth.
- Add powdered peanut butter, baking powder, and stevia. Mix well, using your hands if necessary.
- Roll cookie dough into 12 balls, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb or the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon, press into each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked and firm.
- Let cool.
- Mix chocolate whey with just enough water to get an icing consistency.
- Spoon into each cookie cavity.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder bakes differently, I would only recommend substituting pea or rice protein in the cookie base. For the chocolate filling, I would stick with whey or a whey/casein blend. For a dairy-free/vegan version, use a flax egg in the base and melted vegan chocolate chips for the filling.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbohydrates: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply