Protein peanut butter cookies with a chocolate whey center. These Protein Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect protein treat! Easy to make, and perfect for bringing to holiday gatherings!
The cookies are made with powdered peanut butter, and are full of flavor! I used Just Great Stuff brand from the Vitamin Shoppe. It has some coconut sugar in it, so if you're using an unsweetened brand you may want to increase the sweetener in the recipe.
For the filling I used True Athlete chocolate whey protein, also from the Vitamin Shoppe. I love it for brownies, protein fudge, and any recipe in which you'd want a super-chocolatey flavor. Perfect here!
Wow your holiday guests with these delicious Protein Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies! Another #seasonseatings treat sponsored by the Vitamin Shoppe! Enjoy!
- ¼ cup natural chocolate whey protein powder 26g
- 1 ½ tablespoons filtered water 23ml (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix peanut butter and egg whites until combined and smooth.
- Add powdered peanut butter, baking powder, and stevia. Mix well, using your hands if necessary.
- Roll cookie dough into 12 balls, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb or the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon, press into each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked and firm.
- Let cool.
- Mix chocolate whey with just enough water to get an icing consistency.
- Spoon into each cookie cavity.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.