Perfect for the holidays, but you're not going to want to share this Pumpkin Protein Cake with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting! The cake is bursting with flavor and has the perfect cake texture, and the frosting is pure heaven!
We used Proteinfull Baking's classic yellow protein cake mix for this recipe because it's easy and has the best protein cake flavor and texture.
And we topped it with our Cream Cheese Protein Frosting. So good! **If you're out of vanilla protein powder for the frosting, try Proteinfull baking's Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. Also delicious!
Give this Pumpkin Protein Cake with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting a try! Perfect for the holidays or an everyday indulgence.
Pumpkin Protein Cake
- 1 package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ cup pumpkin puree 123g
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line the bottom of a 8x8" square pan and then spray the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix and pumpkin spice.
- Add egg whites, water, and pumpkin. Mix well, just until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake for35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake cool, mix Neufchâtel cheese with Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Add vanilla whey and stevia. Mix well.
- Frost cake, and enjoy!