I recently came across this recipe post from Love Health Fitness for vanilla almond cookies. I knew I'd have to make a protein version, complete with chocolate drizzle! So here you have Vanilla Almond Protein Cookies - my best cookies to date!
These cookies are so flavorful! The vanilla bean really shines in this recipe. Delicious! And if you make them raw vegan and dehydrate them, I'm sure the flavor will be even more powerful!
I used a medjool date here as the original recipe did, and processed it all in a food processor. But if you don't have a food processor (needed to break down the date) you can use a tablespoon of maple syrup or agave in place of the date.
I wish you all could taste these through the computer, because they are so incredibly delicious! You absolutely must give these Vanilla Almond Protein Cookies a try!!
Seriously, try them! :)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- In a food processor, mix all cookie dough ingredients.
- Line your counter with parchment paper.
- Form dough into a ball and press down to flatten with your hands (or roll it out, if you prefer). Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes. (Or, form the dough into 6 balls, and press each flat as round cookies.)
- Lay cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. (If dehydrating, lay directly on mesh dehydrator sheet.)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until firm and just beginning to brown. (Or dehydrate for 16-18 hours at 105F.)
- Meanwhile, mix ingredients for chocolate drizzle.
- Let cookies cool, then drizzle with chocolate.
- Set cookies in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate drizzle.
- Serve, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.