A healthier way to make delicious whiskey-filled chocolates: Whiskey Protein Chocolates!
Most of the recipes here are recipes I include in my daily diet, i.e. "food is fuel" kind of recipes. But every now and then I like to throw in something extra, a healthier version of a special treat. These sugar-free Whiskey Protein Chocolates are just that!
I recently brought my Irish Cream Protein Chocolates to a cocktail party and wowed the crowd. So I figured I'd create some more special occasion treats!
Bring these Whiskey Protein Chocolates to your next cocktail party!
- ½ cup natural chocolate whey protein powder 45g
- 2 tablespoons Jameson whiskey 30ml
- 2 tablespoons filtered water 30ml
- Make the chocolate coating by mixing coconut oil, cocoa powder, and stevia. If the mixture is lumpy, warm it by placing the bowl in a larger bowl of warm water. You’ll want the chocolate to be smooth, but thick enough to stick to the mold. If it gets too thin, let it cool slightly. (This is the only tricky part, getting the right consistency.)
- Fill the silicone mold cavities about ½ way with the raw chocolate, and shift the mold so that the chocolate covers all sides of each cavity.
- Over a sheet of parchment paper, turn the mold over and pour out what hasn’t stuck to the mold.
- Using a bowl scraper or the back side of a knife, scrape off any excess chocolate from the top surface of the mold.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 3-5 minutes to set the chocolate. Also fold and freeze the parchment to cool the chocolate so you can peel it off and warm it up again.
- Meanwhile, mix the whey protein with whiskey and water.
- Remove the mold from the freezer. Fill the chocolates with the whiskey filling, leaving a little room in each mold cavity for more chocolate.
- Top with remaining chocolate.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Store in the freezer. If the chocolates freeze for several hours or more, leave them out for a few minutes before serving.