When I was in college, I ate more than my share of Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt. And when I recently saw black cherry concentrate, all I could think of was creating this Cherry Chocolate Chip Protein Frozen Yogurt. A delicious, high-protein version of an old favorite!
I'm using raw cacao nibs as my chocolate chips, but of course you can modify the recipe as you wish. Cacao nibs aren't processed at all (and have no sugar) so they are best when included in something that is already sweet.
As I often do, I made a few versions of this recipe until I thought it was blog-worthy. And I have to say, this one is phenomenal! Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy eating each and every iteration. :)
It's a simple recipe, too. Mix stuff up. Freeze. Stir. Freeze a little more.
Give this Cherry Chocolate Chip Protein Frozen Yogurt a try! Your taste buds will thank you. ;)
- 8 oz fat-free Greek yogurt 227g
- 3 tablespoons black cherry concentrate 45ml
- 2 packets stevia 2g, or to taste
- ¼ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder 24g
- ¼ cup frozen cherries 35g, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw cacao nibs 10.5g
- Mix the yogurt and cherry concentrate until smooth.
- Add stevia and whey protein. Mix well.
- Fold in cherries and cacao nibs.
- Cover the bowl and freeze for about 4 hours. Every half hour or so, take the bowl from the freezer and stir the frozen yogurt. (Other options are to use an ice cream maker, or use the ice and salt method.)
Also note that this frozen yogurt will freeze more solid than traditional frozen yogurt. You may need to leave it at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before eating.
Leave a Reply