Another twist on the most simple protein pancake recipe, these are keto-friendly Cinnamon Protein Pancakes. And they are delicious!
Like my Vanilla Protein Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup and my Banana Berry Protein Pancakes, these pancakes are made with a vanilla pea protein blend. It is an amazing powder for baking and pancakes! And this cinnamon recipe version keeps the fats and carbs low, while remaining a simple protein pancake recipe.
Because of their amazing macros, I make these protein pancakes often! If I need to take them with me, I just leave off the icing and throw them in a ziplock bag. The macros for the plain pancakes are: Prot: 40 g, Carbs: 3 g, Fat: 3 g, Cal: 200.
I hope you enjoy my new favorite pancakes! (And their amazing macros!)
- 2 tablespoons natural vanilla whey protein 11g
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water 15-30ml
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- Preheat your griddle over a low flame.
- Beat the egg whites, protein powder, cinnamon, and True Yacon until smooth and fluffy.
- Wait until the griddle is hot enough (when drops of water sizzle up).
- Pour some batter on on the griddle (smaller pancakes flip more easily). These pancakes don’t bubble as much as other recipes, but they fluff up. Flip after a couple of minutes.
- Cook for another couple of minutes on the other side.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you’ve finished your batter.
- Mix ingredients for icing in a small bowl, starting with 1 tablespoon of water. Add water by the teaspoon as needed to make an icing consistency.
- Stack the pancakes, top with icing, and enjoy!!