Since I developed such an easy (2-ingredient!) protein pancake recipe, I've been making them often and with lots of variations. I love the macros of the basic pancakes, but on a high-carb day I love to add fruit to the mix. Here you have my Banana Berry Protein Pancakes!
I'm still amazed at how fluffy these pancakes are. I have to say, the Warrior Blend protein powder is really amazing for baking! I've also used it for a delicious Protein Banana Nut Bread and Chia Almond Protein Cookies. I hope you'll give these recipes a try!
Servings: 1 serving
- 4 large egg whites 132g
- ⅓ cup Warrior Blend Vanilla protein powder 33g or other pea protein blend
- ½ medium banana sliced (59g)
- ½ cup raspberries 62g
- Preheat your griddle over a low flame.
- Beat the egg whites with protein powder until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix half of the fruit into the batter (and reserve half for topping).
- Wait until the griddle is hot enough (when drops of water sizzle up).
- Pour some batter on the griddle (smaller pancakes flip more easily). These pancakes don’t bubble as much as other recipes, but they fluff up. Flip after a couple of minutes.
- Cook for another couple of minutes on the other side.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you’ve finished your batter.
- Stack pancakes, and top with remaining fruit.
A note about substitutions: I would not try substituting whey or casein protein powders in this recipe. Other types of vegan proteins may work, but they probably won’t be as fluffy or tasty.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply