A remake of the classic Magic Bars, these Healthy Magic Bars replace the sugary ingredients with healthy, high-protein deliciousness!
Instead of a graham cracker and butter crust, I used a high-protein crust with a few drops of butterscotch flavoring. Instead of chocolate chips, I used homemade raw chocolate chunks. And instead of sweetened condensed milk, I used a natural vanilla whey protein. Magical, indeed!
- ½ cup shredded unsweetenend coconut (60g)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts 29g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a 7" square (or similarly sized) pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond butter with water and butterscotch flavor until smooth.
- Add in rice protein and cinnamon. Mix until combined. (If the batter is sticky, add a little more rice protein.)
- Press crust into pan.
- Top with coconut and walnuts.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until crust is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the vanilla whey with the water.
- Remove crust from oven, and let cool slightly. Top with chocolate and whey mixture.
- Let sit for about an hour in the freezer or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut into bars, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator or freezer.