This peach protein ice cream recipe is as simple as they get. Peaches and vanilla whey protein powder. That's it. And it's delicious!
I joined a CSA this year, and found myself with more peaches than I knew what to do with. (You'll see a bunch of peach recipes here, for sure!) It was summer, and the first thing I thought of was peach protein ice cream. The recipe is great during any season, though, as you can always use frozen peaches!
I didn't bother to peel the peaches; no need. Just cut them up and toss them in the blender! And if you don't have time to freeze the mixture, you'll have a deliciously creamy peach smoothie!
A note about freezing: kept in the freezer for more than several hours, it will likely need some time to thaw before serving. Without the fat content of ice-cream or the whipped air of commercial low-fat ice cream, it will freeze a bit too solid.
- 2 cups fresh peaches ~3 peaches or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2 scoops natural vanilla whey protein powder
- Blend peaches and whey powder until smooth.
- Pour into freezer-safe container and cover.
- Freeze for several hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so. (Or use an ice cream maker.)