It has been cold and snowy here in New York City, and I find myself craving peppermint sweets. This peppermint swirl protein fudge is the perfect chewy, chocolatey peppermint treat!
I started with my double chocolate protein fudge recipe, but doubled it. To make the peppermint swirl, I mixed some unflavored whey protein powder with a little coconut flour, raw agave, water, and peppermint flavoring. A delicious combination!
I think it is important to use alcohol-free peppermint flavoring here, since this isn't a cooked recipe. Extracts containing alcohol really upset the natural flavors, in my opinion.
After putting the chocolate batter in a lined pan, I spooned the peppermint batter on top and swirled it with a butter knife. Because this was a larger pan of fudge, it needed several hours in the freezer to set.
And it was certainly worth the wait! Peppermint swirl protein fudge, my new winter favorite!
- 1 cup chocolate whey protein powder 90g
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder 17g, or cocoa powder
- ½ cup water 4oz
- ½ cup almond butter 120g
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unflavored whey protein powder 23g
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar 7g
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- Line a loaf pan (or similar sized pan) with parchment paper.
- To make the chocolate batter, start by mixing the whey powder with the cocoa.
- Add the water, and mix well.
- Add the almond butter and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and set aside.
- To make the peppermint batter, start by mixing the whey powder with the water.
- Add peppermint extract and agave. Mix well.
- Add coconut flour. Mix well.
- Spoon peppermint batter on top of chocolate batter in pan. (Do not cover all of the chocolate batter.)
- Use the back of a butter knife to swirl the fudge batters.
- Freeze for several hours, until the parchment peels cleanly from the fudge.
- Cut into squares, and enjoy! Store in the freezer.
I was thinking whey, too. :)
I'm glad you are enjoying the recipes!
If it can be created with whey I would be so thankful! Your website is so helpful!
I'm pretty sure if you baked this it would turn into something rubbery. Whey doesn't bake well unless it is mixed with enough other ingredients. It sounds like you want a peppermint swirl brownie, which is a great idea! I'll put that on my list. :)
Hi! Could you bake this recipe? :O I know it's fudge but it would be awesome if you could!
I would love for the recipes to be shared!
Could you allow me to post this on my twitter?