It's still pretty warm here in New York City, but it's already pumpkin recipe season. So I made some Pumpkin Pie Protein Ice Cream! Complete with pieces of pie crust! :)
I like to use a cashew base for my protein ice creams. It gives a great thick, creamy texture. And the Vitamin Shoppe's True Athlete vanilla whey is the perfect protein to add here, as it such a creamy vanilla! With some pumpkin, spices, and stevia, so delicious!
Enjoy the transition of seasons with this delicious Pumpkin Pie Protein Ice Cream!
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cashews, water, and pumpkin. Process until smooth.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, stevia, and whey protein. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and cover.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix almond butter and water until combined.
- Add rice protein and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Form the mix into 8 balls, and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the crust cookies. Bake for about 8 minutes, until firm and cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once the ice cream has firmed, break the crust cookies and fold into ice cream.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Also note that the pumpkin pie spice will be more pronounced as the mixture gets colder, so be sure not to overdo it! Up to 1 ½ teaspoons would be plenty!