Prot: 6 g, Carbs: 5 g, Fat: 6 g, Cal: 97
When I think of Valentine’s Day treats, I always picture things bite size. And I’ve had strawberry cheesecake on my mind lately, so here you have Strawberry Protein Cheesecake Bites!
The cheesecake base is from my Aunt Chubby’s Protein Cheesecake recipe. I’ve added a thin layer of protein crust, and some strawberry purée. A delicious combination!
To make the strawberry swirl on top, I piped dots of strawberry purée and then swirled them with a toothpick. You could also just drop a little on top with a spoon and swirl it around.
I hope you’ll give these Strawberry Protein Cheesecake Bites a try. They seem like such an indulgent treat, but with great macros! Perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day!
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Ingredients must be at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (30g)
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water
- 3 tablespoons natural vanilla rice protein powder (21g)
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- 4oz of Neufchâtel cheese (112g)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (21g)
- 1 large egg, whole
- ¼ cup fat-free greek yogurt (57g)
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural vanilla whey protein powder (11g)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained (70g)
- Purée strawberries and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a muffin pan with 8 paper muffin liners (or use silicone muffin cups).
- To make the crust, mix together the almond butter and 1 tablespoon filtered water.
- Add rice protein and cinnamon. Mix well. If the mixture is dry, add more water (by the teaspoon). If the mixture is too sticky (sticks to your fingers), add more rice protein.
- Break the mixture into 8 pieces, and press into the muffin liners.
- Bake at 325F (163C) for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake filling by creaming the Neufchâtel cheese and agave.
- Add the egg. Mix until well combined.
- Add greek yogurt and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add whey powder. Mix until well combined.
- Remove the crusts from the oven, and turn the oven down to 300F (150C).
- Let the crusts cool slightly.
- Spoon a little strawberry purée onto each crust.
- Top with cheesecake batter.
- Use remaining strawberry purée to create swirls in the cheesecake batter, and/or reserve to use as a drizzle once the bites are cooked.
- Bake the cheesecake bites for about 20 minutes at 300F (150C).
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Enjoy! Store extras in the fridge or freezer.
Almond butter can be made by processing almonds in a food processor.