Another simple recipe with basic ingredients, Healthy Sweet Potato Cupcakes! And they're delicious!
I have been eating more sweet potato lately, and I was curious to see how it would bake up in a protein cake. Since sweet potato is a dense, wet ingredient, I paired it with whey protein (with vegan protein powder we'd need egg whites to get some rise, and even then it would likely be too dense of a cake). A great combination!
The frosting here is made from raw cashews, similar to my Cashew Whipped Cream. Here I am sweetening it with toffee flavored stevia and adding some ground cinnamon. A great topping to these Healthy Sweet Potato Cupcakes!
I have made these a number of times already, since they are so easy and taste great. Even unfrosted, they are delicious! Give these Healthy Sweet Potato Cupcakes a try!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Blend all cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into 6 small silicone muffin cups.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over-bake!
- Meanwhile rinse and drain cashews.
- Blend cashews with remaining frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Place frosting in the freezer to cool a bit while your cupcakes finish baking.
- Remove cupcakes from oven, and let cool.
- Frost, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.
For an unfrosted cupcake, the macros are: Prot: 12g, Carbs: 9g (Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g), Fat: 1g, Cal: 93.