Prot: 16 g, Carbs: 14 g, Fat: 9 g, Cal: 199 (frosted)
Prot: 12 g, Carbs: 9 g, Fat: 1 g, Cal: 93 (unfrosted)
Another simple recipe with basic ingredients, Sweet Potato Protein Cupcakes! And they’re delicious!
I have been eating more sweet potato lately, and I was curious to see how it would bake up in a protein cake. Since sweet potato is a dense, wet ingredient, I paired it with whey protein (with vegan protein powder we’d need egg whites to get some rise, and even then it would likely be too dense of a cake). A great combination!
The frosting here is made from raw cashews, similar to my Cashew Whipped Cream. Here I am sweetening it with toffee flavored stevia and adding some ground cinnamon. A great topping to these Sweet Potato Protein Cupcakes!
I have made these a number of times already, since they are so easy and taste great. Even unfrosted, they are delicious! Give these Sweet Potato Protein Cupcakes a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 frosted cupcake
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 16g
- 1 cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (90g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (14g)
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato (150g)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water (30ml)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (0.6ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.6ml)
- 1 cup raw cashews (122g), soaked in filtered water for 4 hours or more
- ⅓ cup filtered water (80ml)
- ¼ teaspoon toffee stevia (1.2ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.6ml), or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Blend all cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into 6 small silicone muffin cups.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over-bake!
- Meanwhile rinse and drain cashews.
- Blend cashews with remaining frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Place frosting in the freezer to cool a bit while your cupcakes finish baking.
- Remove cupcakes from oven, and let cool.
- Frost, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.
For an unfrosted cupcake, the macros are: Prot: 12g, Carbs: 9g (Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g), Fat: 1g, Cal: 93.