Many raw vegan recipes call for soaked raw cashews because of the creamy texture they take on when blended. This creamy and delicious cashew whipped cream is made of raw cashews, filtered water, and raw agave nectar. The taste of the raw cashews is very mild, which makes it a perfect non-dairy cream topping.
I like to keep a jar of this cashew whipped cream in the fridge at all times. Even unsweetened, it is great in a cup of coffee!
Kept in the fridge, it has a thick, creamy consistency. But to pipe as whipped cream, I like to put it in the freezer for a couple of hours to firm it up a little more. Perfect on a slice of pumpkin protein pie!
This raw vegan cashew whipped cream is easy and delicious. I hope you'll give it a try!
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 4 hours or more
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Blend cashews with ⅓ cup water and agave for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula, and blend again for 30 seconds. Repeat twice more, or until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate, or freeze for two hours to firm up for piping.