Prot: 17 g, Carbs: 17 g, Fat: 3 g, Cal: 164
You didn’t think I forgot about my Quest bars, did you? This Quest Double Chocolate Pumpkin Pie is as delicious as it is simple! And I had a feeling it would be. I couldn’t wait to finish the photo shoot so I could eat the two!
The recipe uses a Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar. And as I did with my Coconut Pineapple Protein Tartlets, I cut the bar in half and warmed it up in two large silicone muffin cups. Once warm, I pressed the bar into the cup to make a pie shell, and baked it some more. The pumpkin filling is a simple mix of pumpkin, vanilla whey, and some pumpkin spice. Easy!
I’m sure I will be fitting these into my food plan all season. They’re that good! Give them a try!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 pie
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 17g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Cut the Quest bar in half, and place each piece in a large silicone muffin cup.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, until they puff up.
- Meanwhile, mix the pumpkin, whey, and spice to make the pumpkin filling.
- Remove muffin cups from the oven, and let cool a minute.
- Press the quest pieces into the cups, letting the sides come up higher than the centers.
- Bake for about 6 minutes more. They may puff up a bit; that's ok. Just press them down again.
- Let crusts cool a few minutes, then remove from silicone and fill with pumpkin filling.
- Drizzle with raw chocolate, if desired.
- Enjoy! And store in the refrigerator.