What’s a blueberry muffin without a crumble topping, am I right? These blueberry protein muffins are super easy to make with Proteinfull Baking’s Classic Yellow Cake Mix, and the gluten-free crumble topping takes it over the top. So good!
Because we are adding blueberries to the cake batter, we’re going to use slightly less water than usual. The blueberries (or any added fruit) will release moisture into the cake, and we want to account for it. One half cup water does the trick!
The crumble topping is easy to make and adds just the right amount of flavor and texture. We’re using almond flour, granulated erythritol, cinnamon, and a little butter. Yum!
There you have it! Blueberry protein muffins with crumble topping. Give them a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- One package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ cup water
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Set up paper cupcake liners in a 12-cavity cupcake pan, then spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the crumble topping by combining almond flour, erythritol, and cinnamon. Add butter, and combine with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and oil. Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Fold in half the blueberries, and spoon the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Top batter with remaining blueberries, and the finish with approximately one tablespoon of crumble topping per muffin.
- Bake at 325F for 18-21 minutes. Remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store refrigerated.