I love love love love love these muffins! These Chocolate Protein Muffins are the perfect breakfast or snack for low-carb days. Only 7g carbs (+6g erythritol, if you count those as carbs) in this chocolate deliciousness!
If you don't have chocolate pea protein on hand, this recipe is a reason to buy some. The texture of these Chocolate Protein Muffins is just what you'd expect from a muffin, and they freeze well, too! Seriously, make these. You'll thank me.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix egg whites, coconut oil, and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Spoon into 4 large silicone muffin cups, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 24 minutes, and check to see if they are done (if they are firm and a toothpick comes out clean). If not, check every 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy! These can stay out for several hours or overnight. For longer periods, store in the refrigerator.
If you count the (calorie-free) grams of erythritol as carbs, add 6g erythritol to the macros for each muffin.