I have been thinking about carrot cake lately, and I just so happened to have some shredded carrots in my fridge. Not enough for a whole cake, but plenty for some Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting!
I whipped up an easy cookie batter with Jamie Eason's vanilla whey protein concentrate. It tastes great, and I knew it would add great flavor to these protein cookies!
They have a cake-like texture, but bake up in only 10 minutes! Quick, easy, and all the flavor of carrot cake! Be sure to use a whey that bakes well, like this one. For simple recipes like this, it really makes a difference in the results!
And don't forget the cream cheese frosting! These Carrot Cake Protein Cookies with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting will be your new favorite. Give them a try!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Except for the walnuts, mix all cookie ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the walnuts.
- Spoon onto parchment-lined cookie sheet as 4 cookies. Use the back of your spoon to shape, if necessary.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and check to see if the cookies are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes and remove from oven when firm. Do not overbake!
- While cookies cool, begin to make the frosting my mixing the Greek yogurt and whey protein.
- Add in Neufchâtel cheese and stevia. Mix well.
- Frost cooled cookies, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
Also, Neufchâtel cheese is marketed as "⅓ less fat than cream cheese" here in the states. I stay away from the fat-free cream cheeses because of the additives.