Prot: 9 g, Carbs: 8 g, Fat: 4 g, Cal: 104
I have been thinking about carrot cake lately, and I just so happened to have some shredded carrots in my fridge. Not enough for a whole cake, but plenty for some Carrot Cake Protein Cookies with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting!
I whipped up an easy cookie batter with Jamie Eason’s vanilla whey protein concentrate. It tastes great, and I knew it would add great flavor to these protein cookies!
They have a cake-like texture, but bake up in only 10 minutes! Quick, easy, and all the flavor of carrot cake! Be sure to use a whey that bakes well, like this one. For simple recipes like this, it really makes a difference in the results!
And don’t forget the cream cheese frosting! These Carrot Cake Protein Cookies with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting will be your new favorite. Give them a try!
And pick up some of Jamie Eason’s delicious all-natural protein powder here! **Use code PROTEINCAKERY for 10% off!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 4 cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- ⅓ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (34g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (7g)
- ½ cup cooked, mashed carrots (1 cup (113g) uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (28g)
- 2 packets stevia (2g)
- 2 dashes ground cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (1.2ml)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (7g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Except for the walnuts, mix all cookie ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the walnuts.
- Spoon onto parchment-lined cookie sheet as 4 cookies. Use the back of your spoon to shape, if necessary.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and check to see if the cookies are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes and remove from oven when firm. Do not overbake!
- While cookies cool, begin to make the frosting my mixing the Greek yogurt and whey protein.
- Add in Neufchâtel cheese and stevia. Mix well.
- Frost cooled cookies, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
Also, Neufchâtel cheese is marketed as "1/3 less fat than cream cheese" here in the states. I stay away from the fat-free cream cheeses because of the additives.