I've been making these chewy chocolate protein cookies for a while now, and it's about time I share the recipe with you! These cookies are similar to my Peanut Butter Protein Cookies in that they are made from nut butter and vegan protein powder.
I'm using a pea protein blend in this recipe, and it gives these cookies a great texture.
Like the Peanut Butter Protein Cookies, these also travel well. Throw a few in a ziplock bag, and you have a perfect protein snack to go!
There are lots of options with these cookies, too. You can use peanut butter instead of almond, add chopped nuts or dried fruit, some cinnamon or even chili pepper.
And if you're looking for a whey-based chocolate cookie, check out my recipe for Chocolate Whey Protein Cookies.
- ⅓ cup almond butter 80g
- 3 tablespoons filtered water 44ml
- 2 packets stevia 2g
- ¼ cup chocolate pea protein blend 25g
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder 6g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix almond butter and water until combined.
- Add stevia. Mix well.
- Add protein powder and cocoa. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, making 12 cookies. (If dehydrating, place directly on the mesh dehydrator sheets.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
I must have missed this comment when it first posted. My apologies! Thanks for writing in and letting us know how it works with whey!
These work totally fine with whey isolate! I just doubled the cacao and added 2tbsp almond milk and they were delicious :) 3 were perfect after my tabata today!