Prot: 9 g, Carbs: 7 g, Fat: 1 g, Cal: 74
I love hearing that my recipes inspire readers to get creative with the ingredients they have. Soon after I sent out a recipe for Berry Whey Protein Cookies in the monthly newsletter, a reader wrote in to say he made some changes and loved the results! He created these Chocolate Banana Protein Cookies!
The original recipe called for vanilla whey and applesauce as main ingredients, and Alex changed that to chocolate whey and mashed banana. Delicious!
If you haven’t tried creating your own protein baking recipes yet, I encourage you to switch around some flavors and substitute ingredients with similar consistencies. Replacing applesauce with mashed banana works because they are both wet, sweet ingredients. Give these a try!
I’d love to hear what recipes you are creating by making these kinds of substitutions!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 74
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon batter onto a parchment-lined sheet as 4 cookies (use the back of your spoon to shape them into circles).
- Bake for 5 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every minute. Be sure not to over-bake these cookies! Take them out as soon as they are firm.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.