These chocolate whey protein cookies are a great way to get your chocolate fix with added protein. The recipe is simple, egg-free, and gluten-free, too!
Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
Mix all ingredients until well combined.
Bake for 5 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every minute. Be sure not to over-bake these cookies! Take them out as soon as they are firm.
Let cool, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe works well with whey protein, and I wouldn't try substituting other types of protein powder.
The cookie recipe would be great with any whey protein flavor!
You'll need a cookie sheet. I like these Airbake cookie sheets because they keep the bottom of cookies from burning.
I suggest lining the cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to keep the cookies from sticking to the pan (whey cookies have the tendency to stick!).
I also suggest using an oven thermometer so you can see when your oven is actually preheated, and that it is to the right temperature.
Of course, you're also going to need a mixing bowl. I love this mixing bowl set from Target because it is super easy to clean, dries quickly, and the bowls have rubber on the bottom so they don't slide.
And I strongly encourage you to measure ingredients with a kitchen scale instead of volume measurements.
The cookies will stay well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
🍪 More whey protein cookie recipes
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon batter onto a parchment-lined sheet as 4 cookies (use the back of your spoon to shape them into circles).
- Bake for 5 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every minute. Be sure not to over-bake these cookies! Take them out as soon as they are firm.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.