Chocolate and hazelnut. Gluten-free and high-protein. Your new favorite cookies: Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies!
I tried these with and without date sugar as a sweetener. If you prefer a sweeter cookie, go with the date sugar. If you prefer to keep the carbs as low as possible, go without! Either way, these Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are full of flavor! Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder whey isolate (21g)
- 1 tablespoon date sugar 9g (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water 15-30ml
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Begin to make the cookie dough by mixing the hazelnut butter and water until smooth.
- Mix in the remaining cookie ingredients, and mix well.
- Form into 9 pieces, and roll each into a ball. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie (with your hand or the back of a large spoon).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix the icing ingredients until smooth (start with 1 tablespoon of water and add by the teaspoon). Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
I make my hazelnut butter by putting hazelnut meal in the food processor.
The macros above are for the unsweetened cookies. For the sweetened cookies, the macros are:
Prot: 18g, Carbs: 15g (4g fiber, 6g sugar), Fat: 16g, Cal: 270 (3 cookies)