After seeing so much Easter candy in the stores, I knew I had to create some protein versions for you. Ditch the artificial sugary stuff, and make yourself some Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Eggs!
I like to keep my recipes as simple as possible. The filling for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Eggs is made from natural peanut butter, Warrior Blend protein powder, and a little water. Simple as that! And the coating is a 3-ingredient chocolate made from coconut oil, cacao powder, and stevia. A delicious combination!
There's no baking involved here, so it's a quick recipe, too. After mixing the filling ingredients and forming egg-shaped mounds, mix up the chocolate coating and give the eggs a double dip. A few minutes in the freezer, and they're set!
For the peanut butter drizzle (not included in the macros), warm some peanut butter and mix with a little melted coconut oil.
With these sugar-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Eggs, you can skip the store-bought Easter candy and still feel like you are indulging! Give them a try!
Peanut butter protein filling:
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter 64g
- ¼ cup Warrior Blend Vanilla protein powder 25g
- 2 tablespoons filtered water 30ml
- Mix the peanut butter and Warrior Blend protein powder, adding the water as necessary.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper.
- Form the peanut butter protein mix into egg-shaped mounds, and place on parchment-lined tray.
- Put the peanut butter protein eggs in the freezer for a few minutes, and mix the ingredients for the chocolate coating.
- Remove the peanut butter protein eggs from the freezer. Using a fork, dip each in the chocolate coating, and then place back on parchment-lined tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer for a few minutes, then repeat the previous step, giving each piece a double coating of chocolate.
- Freeze for a few minutes more to set.
- If desired, drizzle with some warm peanut butter mixed with a little melted coconut oil (not included in the macros here).
- Enjoy! and store in the refrigerator.