If you're trying to keep your carbs low for fat loss, you must try my protein breads! This Garlic Protein Bread is the perfect addition to a great salad, a warm bowl of soup, or your favorite veggie pasta dish!
The recipe is quite simple, with egg whites, psyllium husks, and Warrior Blend unflavored protein powder. That makes a basic (gluten-free!) protein bread, and we're flavoring it with some salt, parsley, and garlic powder. So simple!
- 8 large egg whites 264g
- ½ cup Warrior Blend unflavored protein powder 50g (or unflavored pea protein)
- 2 tablespoons whole psyllium husks 14g
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- Combine egg whites and protein powder until smooth.
- Mix in the psyllium husks. Let batter sit for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Pour batter into parchment-lined glass baking dish, 8"x11.5" (200mmx290mm) or slightly smaller, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 16-18min, until bread is firm.
- Remove bread from oven, and turn on broiler.
- Brush bread with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Cut into 8 pieces, and broil for 1-2 minutes to get the toasted texture.
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder has a distinct flavor and texture when baked, I would not try substituting different types of protein powders in this recipe. (See my Recipe Basics video for examples of what goes wrong when you use the wrong protein powder.)
Serving: 1g | Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply