If you're trying to keep your carbs low for fat loss, you must try my protein breads! This Garlic Protein Bread is the perfect addition to a great salad, a warm bowl of soup, or your favorite veggie pasta dish!
The recipe is quite simple, with egg whites, psyllium husks, and Warrior Blend unflavored protein powder. That makes a basic (gluten-free!) protein bread, and we're flavoring it with some salt, parsley, and garlic powder. So simple!
- Combine egg whites and protein powder until smooth.
- Mix in the psyllium husks. Let batter sit for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Pour batter into parchment-lined glass baking dish, 8"x11.5" (200mmx290mm) or slightly smaller, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 16-18min, until bread is firm.
- Remove bread from oven, and turn on broiler.
- Brush bread with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Cut into 8 pieces, and broil for 1-2 minutes to get the toasted texture.