This recipe for Healthy Banana Nut Bread is so good, your friends and family won't believe it is gluten free and there is protein powder in it!
I started with a regular recipe for banana nut bread, and made some changes for this to be a healthier version. It also happens to be gluten free, and is in fact better with oat flour than all purpose.
After trying different better-for-you sweeteners in this recipe, I decided on coconut sugar. It is natural and low glycemic (and so delicious!).
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C) and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix bananas, yogurt, coconut sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Add coconut oil and egg. Mix well.
- Add oat flour, whey protein, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Fold in chopped nuts and pour into pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy! Store refrigerated or frozen.