Pack your protein bread with superfood seeds! This Super Seed Bread is full of vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids thanks to pumpkin, flax, chia, and hemp seeds. Delicious protein power bread!
This recipe is similar to my Honey Oat Protein Bread in that it uses a mix of rice and pea protein powders, but Clutch Baking Mix makes that easy by blending the two, and adding hemp and chia protein! The Baking Mix also has a sweet taste, so there isn't any need to add the honey here.
Using a rice/pea blend in this type of protein bread recipe gives the bread great texture and flavor. I wouldn't recommend using only rice protein, as that would be a bit grainy. Using pea protein only makes for a nice texture, but it might have too much of the pea protein flavor. I also have some bread recipes with whey protein, if you prefer. Those have more of a dry crumb texture, but are great, as well!
I chose this combination of superfood seeds for the variety in color, size, texture, and taste. But you can certainly mix it up if you have other favorites! I love the flavor of this Super Seed Bread with a touch of peanut butter and a sprinkle of sea salt. So good!
- 16 large egg whites 528g
- ¼ cup whole psyllium husks 28g
- ¾ cup Clutch Baking Mix rice/pea blend (111g)
- ½ cup whole grain oat flour 60g
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt 3.7ml
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds 16g
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds 20g
- 2 tablespoons golden flax seeds 20g
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds 12g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone loaf pan).
- Mix egg whites with psyllium husks, Baking Mix, oat flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in seeds.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
The whole psyllium helps to give the bread-like texture. I wouldn't recommend leaving it out or substituting.
Thanks for writing in!
Hi! what can I use instead of whole psyllium husks ? I have everything but that =(