Protein mousse with avocado is one of my favorite desserts. The avocado makes it so creamy! And because I'm all into the pumpkin craze right now, here you have Pumpkin Spice Protein Mousse!
Similar to my Chocolate Protein Mousse, Vanilla Bean Protein Mousse, and Mint Chip Protein Mousse, this recipe is based on avocado and whey, with some added flavor. For vegan versions, I would try a pea protein or pea blend like Warrior Blend.
A simple way to enjoy the flavors of the season, Pumpkin Spice Protein Mousse! Enjoy!
- 1 avocado about 1 cup, 150g
- ½ cup pumpkin puree 123g
- ¼ teaspoon toffee flavored stevia 1.2ml
- ¼ cup cashew butter 60g
- ¾ cup natural vanilla whey protein 69g
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 2.5ml
- Mix avocado, pumpkin, and stevia in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Serve, and enjoy!
A note about substitutions: You can replace the whey with casein or your favorite vegan protein (I think pea or a pea blend would be smoothest). You can replace the toffee stevia with your preferred sweetener. And cashew butter can be made by processing cashews in a food processor.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply