I'm excited to bring you a whey protein pancake recipe with great macros! These Pumpkin Protein Pancakes are easy to make, and they are delicious and fluffy!
We don't have a ton of pancake recipes here because honestly, I'm not a breakfast food person. For the same nutrition and macros, I'd rather have cake for breakfast. :) But it's pumpkin everything season, and these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes did not disappoint!
I've also made these several times with a banana in place of the pumpkin, and they came out great, as well.
For this recipe, keep in mind that different brands of whey protein can take on different amounts of liquid, so you may need more liquid that we use here to get the same pancake batter consistency. (In that case add a tablespoon or two of water.)
However you make them, give these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes a try!
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray, and heat over low flame.
- Combine pumpkin, egg whites, and vanilla. Beat on high until fluffy.
- Add baking powder, whey protein, and pumpkin spice. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour ¼ of batter onto griddle, and let bubbles rise to the top.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat to make three more pancakes.