I first made this Vanilla Pear Protein Cake last year when I had received many pears from my CSA. I was still new to protein baking, but you wouldn't know it from this cake! It is delicious!
I used a pear to sweeten the cake, and the flavor works very well with the vanilla bean seeds. To add some texture and visual interest to the protein cake, I topped it with pear slices.
The combination of whey and rice proteins with coconut flour and almond meal makes a great cake texture. My Gingerbread Protein Cake and Confetti Protein Birthday Cake are made with the same cake base.
Give this delicious Vanilla Pear Protein Cake a try! A great autumn protein treat!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Blend the egg whites and one pear (cored) for about 30 seconds.
- Except for the other pear, add the rest of the ingredients and blend for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula, if necessary, and blend again until well combined (another 30 seconds or so).
- Pour batter into a 7" or 8" square pan, or any baking pan of similar size. (If you are not using silicone bakeware, be sure to line your pan with parchment paper.)
- Slice the remaining pear and lay slices on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.