Prot: 6g, Carbs: 5g, Fat: 7g, Cal: 106
What’s a girl to do with a premium dark chocolate protein powder? Make Oreo-Inspired Protein Cookies, of course!
The filling is just an icing made from confectioners style erythritol with water. Easy! And with the dark chocolate cookies, delicious!
I’ve also used some black cocoa powder here, and that would give the Oreo effect even with a regular chocolate whey powder. Give these Oreo-Inspired Protein Cookies a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 106
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6g
- ⅓ cup cashew butter (80g)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water (30ml) (or more, add by the teaspoon)
- 2 packets stevia (2g)
- 2 tablespoons Clutch chocolate whey protein powder (14g)
- 2 tablespoons Clutch baking mix (vegan blend) (18.5g)
- 1 tablespoon black cocoa powder (5g)
- ¼ cup confectioners style erythritol (60g)
- 1 tablespoon filtered water (15ml)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix cashew butter, water, and stevia until combined. Start with only 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add protein powders and cocoa, and mix to combine. You may need to use your hands. And if you need more water, add by the teaspoon.
- Roll or press the dough to flatten (easier to roll between sheets of parchment paper).
- Use a cookie cutter to cut 12 circles, and lay them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix confectioners erythritol with water.
- Turn 6 cookies over, and spread with icing. Top with additional cookies. Enjoy!
I don't usually count the carbs of zero-calorie sweeteners, including the erythritol icing here. It would add 10 carbs per serving, but not change the calories.