It's peanut butter jelly time! After finding this awesome bread-shaped cookie cutter, I knew I had to make Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Cookie Sandwiches! And I've used Quest protein powder here, since the whey/casein blend is great for protein cookies.
To keep the filling free of refined sugars, I used a delicious grape all-fruit spread. Of course, you can use whatever filling you like! I bet these cookies would be great with my Protein Marshmallow Fluff, too!
These cookies are big, almost the size of a real pb&j sandwich. If you'd like to make smaller servings, you can make half-sandwiches out of these, or just make the dough into small balls, and flatten them to make smaller circular cookies.
However you make them, these Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Cookie Sandwiches will be delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Quest protein powder peanut butter flavor, or to keep it all-natural, use multi-purpose (unflavored and replace 2 tablespoons with powdered peanut butter) (74g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour 14g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 5ml
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt 0.6ml
- 1 tablespoon erythritol 12g
- ¼ cup almond-coconut milk 60ml (or any cartoned nut milk)
- 1 tablespoon almond oil 14g or 15ml (or melted coconut oil)
- ¼ cup grape all-fruit spread 72g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix dry ingredients: protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, erythritol.
- Add almond-coconut milk and almond oil. Mix well, pressing down with the back of a spoon to combine, then using your hands to form the dough.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll or press (with the heel of your hand) the dough to be flat, and to be just large enough to get 6 cookies with your bread-shaped cookie cutter.
- Cut out the cookies, and lay them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes, and check every 1-2 minutes until firm. Don't overbake!
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, turn over 3 cookies, and top them with grape all-fruit spread. Top with remaining cookies.
- Enjoy! Store these in the refrigerator.