After finding some local peanuts, Thai basil, and Thai chili peppers in Kauai, I couldn't resist baking them up into a Thai Peanut Protein Cake. And it was delicious! Totally impressed myself.
I originally made this with peanut protein powder, but you can jujst use powdered peanut butter (maybe add a touch of sweetener). It is the perfect balance to the Thai basil and chili in this recipe. Really some amazing flavors in this Thai Peanut Protein Cake! I hope you'll give it a try!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix egg whites and applesauce until combined.
- Add Thai basil and chili. Mix well.
- Add powdered peanut butter and baking powder. Mix well.
- Fold in peanuts.
- Bake in an 8" round (or similarly sized) silicone pan for about 16 minutes, or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. If not using silicone, line pan with parchment paper.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.