Delicious and easy, this recipe for Cashew Butter Cookies is a must-try! The natural flavors of vanilla and cashew shine through, and these cookies are a melt-in-your-mouth protein treat!
The first time I made these cookies, I rolled the dough into balls and flattened them into cookies. Easy! I think I made 9 cookies that way. For my 2nd batch I used a cookie cutter, and the recipe made 15 cookies. So I'm making one serving of these Cashew Butter Cookies equal to ⅓ of the recipe, however many cookies that makes for you.
Servings: 15 cookies
- ¼ cup cashew butter 60g
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk 45ml
- a pinch of sea salt
- seeds of a vanilla bean
- ¼ cup Clutch Baking Mix or other rice/pea protein blend (37g)
- 2 tablespoons cashews 15g, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix cashew butter and almond milk until smooth.
- Add salt and vanilla seeds. Mix well.
- Add baking mix, and mix into dough. Use your hands to combine, if necessary.
- Fold the cashews into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper, and use a cookie cutter to make cookies.
- Or, roll the dough into balls, and flatten them to make cookies.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm.
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder has a distinct flavor and texture when baked, I would not try substituting different types of protein powders (other than rice and/or pea) in this recipe. (See my Recipe Basics video for examples of what goes wrong when you use the wrong protein powder.)
Serving: 1/15 recipe | Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 2.6g | Sugar: 0.5g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply