When you need a low carb wrap to hold your tasty lunch, and you want one with a simple ingredient list, these Spinach Protein Wraps are for you!
These are great with hummus and veggies (pictured above), or filled with your favorite tuna salad, rolled and sliced (below).
- Egg whites
- Unflavored pea protein or pea protein blend
- Whole husk psyllium
- Fresh spinach
- dashes of garlic and onion powder (optional)
Blend ingredients until smooth.
Once the griddle is hot enough (drops of water sizzle up), pour half the batter onto the griddle and spread thin with the back of a spoon.
After a couple of minutes, use a spatula to flip the wrap.
Repeat to make a second wrap.
Please note: whey protein powder cannot be substituted for the pea protein in this recipe! They cook and bake very differently, and whey protein in this recipe would give you an eggy crepe. Any unflavored pea protein or pea protein blend should work well here.
You'll need a blender to get the ingredients mixed up well. This blender on Amazon is very reasonably priced!
These store well in airtight containers or ziplock bags in the refrigerator (separate the wraps with parchment paper). They should keep well for several days.
⚡️ Meal prep tip
These should keep well for several days refrigerated, so feel free to make multiples and keep them for the week! I'd store them in an airtight container or ziplock, separated by parchment paper, and fill them the same day you plan to eat them.
🍕 More recipes made with pea protein
- Preheat your griddle over a low-medium flame (use some coconut oil or non-stick spray, first).
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Once the griddle is hot enough (drops of water sizzle up), pour half the batter onto the griddle and spread thin with the back of a spoon.
- After a couple of minutes, flip the wrap.
- Repeat to make a second wrap.
- Enjoy! These should stay good for several days in the refrigerator.