There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nourishing frozen treat! These Strawberries and Cream Protein Pops are low calorie, simple, and delicious!
Made from natural vanilla whey protein powder and strawberries, these protein pops couldn't be more simple.
I've been very happy with this ice pop maker from Amazon. Easy to use, and easy to clean.
And have you noticed the macros on these pops? Fat-free, low calorie, and easy to fit in your food plan!
Servings: 5 popsicles
- ½ cup strawberries fresh or frozen, chopped (70g)
- 1 cup filtered water 237ml
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder 48g
- Place strawberries in popsicle maker so that they are not all falling to the bottom. Set aside.
- Mix water and whey until smooth.
- Pour whey mix into the popsicle molds. Adjust strawberries, if necessary.
- Cover, and add wooden sticks.
- Freeze for several hours, or overnight.
- To remove pops from mold, it may help to immerse the mold in room temperature water.
- Store the pops in a ziplock bag in the freezer. For long term storage, first wrap each in plastic wrap.
A note about substitutions: You can substitute any kind of vanilla protein powder in place of the whey. If you enjoy it as a shake, you'll enjoy it as a protein pop!
Serving: 1popsicle | Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbohydrates: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply