Prot: 10 g, Carbs: 5 g, Fat: 15 g, Cal: 202 (3 mini donuts)
Protein donuts are my new favorite thing. And these Glazed Protein Donuts are part of the reason! The recipe is easy, and the donuts are so delicious!
The team at Labrada was kind enough to send over some Jamie Eason Vanilla Whey Protein Concentrate, and it is delicious to bake with! I’ve already used it for Banana Pudding Protein Cake, Meyer Lemon and Starfruit Protein Cupcakes, and Protein Snowflake Cheesecakes! But even before I created those recipes, I couldn’t help but think, “Donuts!”
By the way, this protein is whey concentrate, different that Jamie Eason’s whey isolate, the one I always say tastes like cake batter. That would work well, here, too! (They compare the two in the “product details” section of either product page. The whey concentrate is a bit more economical!)
In the glaze, I’ve used Swerve confectioner’s style erythritol. It’s a substitute for traditional confectioner’s (powdered) sugar. Another new favorite of mine!
I have even decided to buy 2 more silicone donut pans so I can be quicker with my meal prep, and have more to share. Now I can make 3 batches of these delicious Glazed Protein Donuts at once!
Oh, and you’ll notice this recipe calls for a dash of ground nutmeg. Don’t leave it out! Trust me on this. Give these Glazed Protein Donuts a try, and let me know what you think!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 12 mini donuts
- Serving size: 3 mini donuts
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
- ½ cup Jamie Eason vanilla whey protein powder (concentrate) (51g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (14g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2.5ml)
- a dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites (66g) at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (15ml or 14g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (45ml or 42g)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioner's style erythritol (15g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add egg whites and coconut oil, and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a ziplock bag, and cut off a corner.
- Pipe batter into a silicone donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and see if the donuts are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes and remove from oven as soon as they are firm.
- Let cool slightly, and remove donuts from pan. (Feel free to pop the pan in the fridge or freezer to speed this up!)
- Set the donuts in the freezer while you mix the glaze ingredients. (The cooler the donuts are, the better they will take the glaze.)
- Using a fork, dip each donut in the glaze, and make sure it is covered by turning it over in the glaze. Lift the fork and let excess glaze drip off the donut.
- Place glazed donuts on a parchment-lined dish or tray.
- Once donuts are glazed, set the tray in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes to help set the glaze.
- If you have extra glaze, give the donuts a second coating.
- Once the glaze is cool and set, serve and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.