The folks at COYO were kind enough to send over some of their (vegan) coconut yogurt, and it is delicious! As soon as I tasted it, I knew I had to get it into my ice cream maker. This Coconut Frozen Yogurt is with added protein is heavenly!
- 150 g coconut yogurt 5.3oz or 150g
- ½ cup unflavored whey protein 45g
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk cartoned (240ml)
- 2 packets stevia 2g
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut 30g
- Mix coconut yogurt, whey protein, coconut milk, and stevia until smooth.
- Stir in shredded coconut.
- If not using an ice cream maker, cover the bowl and freeze for about 4 hours. Every half hour or so, take the bowl from the freezer and mix the ice cream.
A note about substitutions: you could substitute Greek yogurt for the coconut yogurt, but it will have less coconut flavor (and very different macros!). You could also substitute casein protein for the whey.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply