A quick and easy recipe that is perfect for your 4th of July celebration, a Berry Protein Parfait!
Have some chia seeds on hand? This Berry Protein Parfait would make a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Give it a try!
- 8 oz filtered water 237ml
- ½ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder 48g
- ¼ cup chia seeds 48g
- ½ cup blueberries 74g
- ½ cup strawberries 70g
- Mix the water and vanilla whey until smooth.
- Put the chia seeds in a small bowl, and pour the protein shake over them. Stir well.
- Let the chia mix sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. If you can, stir about every 10 minutes so the chia seeds don't clump up.
- Once the chia pudding is ready, spoon some into each of two serving cups, then top with strawberries.
- Spoon the remaining chia pudding into the cups, and top with blueberries.
A note about substitutions: You can substitute vanilla casein protein powder for the whey, but you may need a little more water. I would not use vegan protein powders in this recipe because they would give a chalky consistency to the pudding.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply