Prot: 31 g, Carbs: 12 g, Fat: 14 g, Cal: 286
I recently discovered chocolate chips that are sweetened with erythritol and stevia, and they are inspiring all things chocolate chip over here! So today you have giant, filling, gluten-free, totally healthy Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins!
The chocolate chips can be found here at Amazon.
I wanted to keeps the carbs low with these Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins, so I made them with a pea protein blend (Warrior Blend) rather than whey. With whey, we’d have to add a bit of carbs to get the proper cake texture (like with my Sweet Potato Protein Cupcakes or my Banana Pudding Protein Cake). With pea protein, we can skip the carbs. And to really get a great muffin/cake texture, add a little oil and Greek yogurt. This isn’t a very sweet muffin (then I would have called it cake!) but you can always add in some coconut sugar or more erythritol, if you like!
This recipe makes 4 large muffins, and each makes a great, filling breakfast or snack. I hope you’ll give these Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 4 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 31g
- 8 large egg whites (264g)
- 1½ tablespoons almond oil (21g or 22.5ml)
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt (114g)
- 1 cup Warrior Blend Vanilla protein powder (100g) or other vanilla pea protein blend
- ¼ cup almond meal (28g)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (24g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5ml)
- a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup Lily's chocolate chips (42g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix the egg whites, oil, and yogurt until smooth and well combined.
- Add in protein powder, almond meal, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into 4 large silicone muffin cups, and set on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 24 minutes, and check to see if they are done (firm and a toothpick comes out clean). If not, check every 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy! These can stay out for several hours or overnight. For longer periods, store in the refrigerator.