If you've been following this blog on social media, you already know how much I love protein pizza. Easy meal prep, and delicious! These gluten free protein pizza bagels were a natural progression. Because how can you beat the delicious cheese pizza topping on a high protein, gluten free bagel?!
This recipe is similar to my Sicilian Protein Pizza recipe, but the ingredients are adjusted to fit the bagel/donut pan. If you're a pizza lover, you must give this recipe a try! Be sure to get good sauce and cheese, because that's what gives the pizza taste. You'll hardly miss the real bagel with all that pizza deliciousness on top!
We used unflavored whey concentrate for this recipe, and I wouldn't make any substitution there. If you need a bagel with Quest unflavored protein, try this one for Protein Bagels.
And we love Rao's sauces. By far the best jarred sauce we've tasted.
Give these Protein Pizza Bagels a try! And check out my posts on low calorie high protein meals and protein powder snack recipes.
- 6 large egg whites 198g
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 7.5ml
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour 60g
- 2 tablespoons whole psyllium husks 14g
- 1 scoop unflavored whey protein concentrate 30g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 4g
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt 1.5g
- 1 cup Rao's pizza sauce 226g
- 1 tablespoon Locatelli Pecorino Romano Cheese 5g
- 1 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese 112g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Spray donut/bagel pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix egg whites and olive oil until combined.
- Add remaining bagel ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour bagel batter into pan making 4 bagels, and bake for 16-18 minutes, just until firm. To avoid having dry bagels, do not overbake!
- Remove from oven, and let cool enough so that you can handle the bagels.
- Slice bagels in half, and place on foil-lined broiler tray.
- Top bagel halves with sauce and cheeses.
- Place in broiler for a minute or two, just until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from broiler, and enjoy!